Pretorius Build…

HomeForumsGeneral discussionPretorius Build…

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  oldmanemu 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author

pretorius
    Participant

Oooo which bit sub?, I still havnt added all the outer pipes yet, just followed the instructions, cheers.

pretorius
    Participant

Some more progress, finishing off the bottom of the falcon, and then attaching the cockpit to the upper section of the Falcon. So heres some images of a weathered cockpit, I gave up on the replacement glass, I found it far too messy, it does not matter for me though as I have a display case for it.

cp002
    cp001
    cp003
    cp004
    cp005
    cp006
    cp007

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  pretorius.

gedmac66
    Participant

Really nice weathering work there mate 👍🏼 . See you went with ‘ replacement ‘ cockpit ( still waiting to hear from Deagostini regarding ours down under ) .

If you’re wanting to put some type of ‘ glass ‘ in , check out what that ‘ bloody brilliant ‘ Ian Lawrence did for his OOB build on his website , or his thread on here . Keep posting and sharing . Cheers , Ged 👌🏼👍🏼

pretorius
    Participant

cheers Ged, I will be getting a display case this Saturday, one used for the MR Falcon, so no need for glass, the original model didnt have any, and I only wanted to put glass in if I didnt have a display box to keep dust out. Yeah Ian`s replacement glass is really good, I did try cutting sections and gluing them in the cockpit, using epoxy glue, I found it too frustrating in the end. I dont understand them not supplying the replacement cockpit, it does look better than the original, maybe they ran out of stock.
    Will post more soon, gonna finish off weathering the bottom, and attach the cockpit to the top.

gedmac66
    Participant

You gonna wait for the ‘ missing parts ‘ issue before your final weathering push ?. Further to that , did you do the weathering on the ‘ wait til we tell you when to… ‘ stuff-via magazine suggestions , or as appropriate ?. Seen what Volka did , re; the wall/mount – your display ( covered / encased ) legs up or down ?

pretorius
    Participant

Certain sections I have done separate(i:e cockpit, mandibles, just made it easy to manage), but mainly I am weathering the whole of the top and bottom as a whole, but two separates, as I am adding the landing legs, and once it is all joined top on bottom, sides, it will be hard to weather the bottom, at the mo the 6″ bolts are still in there, so makes it easy to turn over, should finish the bottom this week, so looking forward to connecting the top and side.
    I did the weathering, as I went along, when I felt it right to do some, didnt really follow mags. I will weather the missing parts right at the end and add them, I think they will be arriving after I get to issue 100. Deffo landing gear down.

pretorius
    Participant

WeyHey, just received my very last three issues, including the wall mount, jeez its heavy, so folks virtually there!!, will post last images of finished build asap.
    Two years has flown by..

cheers

gedmac66
    Participant

Yeah it bloody seems to do that eh! TIME – crawls by when something is needed/wanted , then flies by when least expected ! . Looking forward to your latest posts/photos .
    What next mate , R2 , X-Wing or something away from Deagostini ?

Whatever , keep well and please keep posting .
    Cheers Ged 👍🏼✌🏼

gedmac66
    Participant

Hey @pretorious ,
    Just wondering if you’re planning to post any further updates re ; your Falcon build , is it completed , and how’d it turn out for you ?

Cheers Ged 👍🏼✌🏼

pretorius
    Participant

Hi Ged,

I have not long just got issue 99, I had 2xissue98, if I get time I will post where I am at the mo over the weekend.

I still have to paint the coloured panels on the top, but its basically 95% fin.

cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.