Please Provide Missing Parts in Special Issue!

HomeForumsAsk the publisherPlease Provide Missing Parts in Special Issue!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 168 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  De Agostini 3 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 169 total)
  • Author

dannyc09
    Participant

I too will not be doing any further Deag part works.

I signed up to this build as it was billed as

“With its unique molded metal and resin construction, this is the most detailed Millennium Falcon model ever. Your 1:1 scale movie prop replica is 808mm long, 596mm wide, 192mm high and it weighs 24 pounds. It has pre-painted hull parts, with working electronics and removable panels to view the interior. It’s just like the prop from The Empire Strikes Back.”

this is the most detailed Millennium Falcon model ever

These quotes are straight from the website:
    http://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-millennium-falcon.html

Is this the most detailed model ever? No.

Is it as detailed as the original filming model? No.

Have we been mis-sold? Yes.

This is the opportunity for Deag to respond to these issues. Their reputation and future revenue is at stake here.

Chuffy70
    Participant

I have just unboxed my old FineMolds Falcon, and can see a few of the parts mentioned and highlighted on my ‘smaller/older’ model.

Although I’m only two thirds through my build, I can’t really believe these details are missing!

I too would love to hear from DeAgostini as to how these were missed from being included on our model

Cedwards000
    Participant

it would seem they are to busy pushing the r2d2 part work to respond obviously not reading the threads now

oldmanemu
    Participant

A post on Facebook shows the Deag Falcon in issue 100 that some parts in fact aren’t missing. Odd.

kokkari
    Participant

@oldmanemu Could you expound on that or provide a link?

oldmanemu
    Participant

Sure.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl&refid=8&_rdr#!/groups/281965018594015?view=permalink&id=431841253606390&fs=2&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

I am hoping someone with issue 100 can verify this.

Oh, it’s a post by a Torsten a few posts down.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  oldmanemu.

That link isn’t public. Screenshot or summarize?

oldmanemu
    Participant

Ugh. So i’d have to screenshot and upload that to photobucket to put it here. It’s basically a pic in issue 100 of the mandible with the two pipes and ‘anchor’ shape on there. He argues that it must be the Deag as the issue 99 shows the bracket mount holes. No one has confirmed or denied his argument as yet.

oldmanemu
    Participant

Well i had a look in the scaleauto factory page and the pipes are not there. Shrug.

Chuffy70
    Participant

Page 19 in issue 6 clearly shows both parts on the cockpit, and the cover picture on issue 68 shows the pipe and crucifix part on the port side.

Cannot find a decent picture showing the other parts.

If the product displayed in the issues is a prototype, or a prop etc…then I can’t see any disclaimer saying “model and parts will differ” from what you actually receive.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.