Please Provide Missing Parts in Special Issue!

HomeForumsAsk the publisherPlease Provide Missing Parts in Special Issue!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 189 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  oldmanemu 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 190 total)
  • Author

De Agostini
    Administrator

Dear forum members,

We would like to update you on the progress that has been made with the issue of providing the missing greebles that were not included in your original kits.

In investigating this, we have discovered that while these parts were present in the original scans that our model was developed from, the physical prototype which was used as a reference during the development of our model suffered some damage. This damage was very slight, and although it resulted in a few small greebles coming loose, this went unnoticed at the time. Due to their not being present on the reference model, at some point in the factory production, these parts were mistakenly omitted from our version, due to an error in communication concerning which was the definitive version of each of these parts.

We have extensively checked these differences to confirm that these are the only parts of the model which experienced this error, and that the model is otherwise identical to the original scans of the Lucasfilm prop. Once we had identified which parts had been omitted from our model (but were present on the original scans), we had to have these parts developed by our factory, so that we could send them on for approval from the current licensor (Disney).

We do acknowledge that this investigation and subsequent development process for these parts has taken some time, and we would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. The final, approved versions of these missing greebles have now been developed, and the factory is producing these units in the coming weeks before we distribute them globally – together with fitting instructions – which will be done as soon as possible.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience and support, and we look forward to sending on the finishing touches, and seeing pictures of your completed models!

Kind Regards,
    DeAgostini UK

oldmanemu
    Participant

“original scans”. So Deag are only allowed to supply what is missing from the MR falcon. Meh

dtssyst01
    Participant

Thank you DeAgostini for the response.

Please keep us informed on when these parts get shipped.
    Any other information that can be provided between now and when the parts are shipped would also be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to the arrival of the missing pieces.

dannyc09
    Participant

Thank you for providing an update.

I look forward to the next update and receiving the missing parts.

BradM73
    Participant

This is at least some good news. So since it’s the end of June now, and if we give them at least a month for production and another month for shipping to the primary and secondary distributors, we might see them sometime in September? Just trying to gauge when I’ll be able to get the last parts in so I can finally do the final painting and assembly. Looking forward to it, and thanks DeAgostini for doing these extra parts!

Royjess
    Participant

Deagostini

Thank you for the update.

Please keep us up to date with further progress. I look forward to receiving the missing parts

Roy

gedmac66
    Participant

Thankyou for providing this long awaited update .
    Will you also ( when time – appropriate ) , explain how to obtain said missing parts for both direct and newsagent subscribers ? .
    Asking because though being a newsagent sub myself , I had to contact ‘ Bissett ‘ ( Deagostini direct-distributor ) here in Australia , to obtain the ‘ missing ‘ replacement cockpit we didn’t receive in #40 . The newsagent didn’t have any info regarding that matter … Only found out to go that route because of information shared by fellow members on this forum .

So again , thanks for the latest update ( and please keep posting ) , and do reveal the ‘ how to obtain ‘ when available .

Cheers Ged

holycustard
    Participant

Wayhay great stuff i went with the newsagents look forward to getting the parts brilliant.

BradM73
    Participant

Is it possible to get an update on when the final parts will be sent? I’ve had my Falcon on hold for over 3 months waiting on news as to when they will arrive, and would appreciate an estimate on when they will begin arriving to customers.

Thanks.

dtssyst01
    Participant

DeAgostini,
    Please update us on the status of the missing parts.
    Thank you,
    dtssyst

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.