Paint Kits

HomeForumsAsk the publisherPaint Kits

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  theblackwolf 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

De Agostini
    Administrator

Dear forum members,

For all those wishing to paint their finished falcon model, the paint kits are now available online. Please follow the link below to order, or fill out the inserts which will be in the next allocation you receive.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-millennium-falcon-paint-set.html

Best Regards,
    DeAgostini Admin

majortom
    Participant

Are the colours in the kit supposed to be used “as is” i.e. No specific mixing to get the right shade of red etc?

Steve dosen’t really refer to the colours in his videos (apart from the insignia white). I would like to know if the red, grey, brown etc are reccomended to be used unmixed for the panel colourings?

Cheers,

MT

stuart ince
    Participant

i bought my own paints yesterday,cheaper than what deago are charging

De Agostini
    Administrator

Hi majortom,

The paints are designed to be used basically “as is”, but as we explain on page 13 of Issue 48, ILM used overlays of various shades and some mixing will be necessary to achieve exactly the same effect.
    We will be printing full-size colour paint guides towards the end of the series – as well as the download reference photos.

Best Regards,
    DeAgostini Admin

who-45
    Participant

I so wish 2 cans would have done mine so far. Ive been very careful and apart from repainting 2 sections once i have use 7 of my 10 tins……and i have just been dusting coats for an even finish without compromising the ships details

Portaler
    Participant

Hello DeAgostini,

I just read this post from August. Are the full size colour paint guides available ? If not, is there any estimated timing for them ?

theblackwolf
    Participant

For those interested in buying the paints individually they are as follows

AS20 Insignia White (spray Can)
    XF1 Flat Black
    XF2 Flat White
    XF3 Flat Yellow
    XF7 Flat Red
    XF18 Medium Blue
    XF33 Neutral Grey
    XF64 Red/ Brown
    AS27 Gunship Grey
    X2 Tamiya fine surface primer
    Tamiya paint thinner

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by  theblackwolf.

TrektheTech
    Participant

@the blackwolf
    thank you for that information

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by  TrektheTech.

theblackwolf
    Participant

I think they add up to under £20.00 but I would check these guys out for paints -> http://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/paints.html (nope I don’t work for them!)
    I also find that they carry some pretty good stock of weathering paints and books on weathering, which although are for military models should work pretty well for this model if you are selective in what you are looking for

I find MIG and AK Interactive paints are the best..

theblackwolf
    Participant

Weathering Scheme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.