Modification to Falcon by Daz

HomeForumsGeneral discussionModification to Falcon by Daz

This topic contains 134 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  pretorius 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 135 total)
  • Author

oldmanemu
    Participant

Can i ask a question? On your wiring diagram many pages back, are your negative wires all bundled/soldered together as one and then connected to the power plug? Are they all separate but on another board somewhere? Just wondering where all the negative wires end up going. Awesome job btw.

Daz
    Participant

Thank you Rokerroar and Oldmanemu!

As I wired the sets of LED’s in series I connected the negative ground wire from one set to the ground wire of the next set of LED’s to reduce the amount of wires, so they were spliced together, then due to the amount of LED’s I used, I had to connect the ground wires to a grounding rail on an extra board I made.

The picture shows the layout of the board I made with a long ground rail for the negative ground wires to connect onto and so reduce the number of soldered joins I had to make, believe me if I tried to solder all the negative wires together I would have had more solder that wire, I would have ran out of shrink tubing in no time!.

Or you can use a (Electric Cable Wire Connector 10 Positions Screw Barrier Terminal Strip Block) to connect your ground wires to, here is a link:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Cable-Wire-Connector-10-Positions-Screw-Barrier-Terminal-Strip-Block-/191687134315?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

oldmanemu
    Participant

Ahh a grounding rail. Thankyou very much.

Daz
    Participant

Well it looks like this build diary won’t make much sense now that photobucket’s greed has block all the images and with no way to edit old posts on this site I can’t update the image links to another photo sharing site.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Daz.

gedmac66
    Participant

NOOOO!!!…☹️😩😫 … Say it ain’t so DAZ , say you’re gonna fix it and start posting with ( amazing ) images again soon ! Frackin photobuckwits !!

Ged 👍🏼✌🏼

Daz
    Participant

Sorry Ged!

I’m having a problem to find a photo sharing site that I can link the images to this forum, most have some links available for facebook, twitter, but not the correct format for this forum, not all the photobucket accounts have been blocked yet so in some threads picture can still be seen for now. My account was one of the first to get hit with the new block on showing picture on other site, blogs or forums. As I can’t edit the old posts their isn’t anyway to fix it SORRY!!!

I was going to post an update soon, but that’s on hold for now! I’m printing my own 3D parts for my falcon and was going to show them here and a did have some problems when moving the falcon. The lower quad gun got broken and the wire to the lights to one of the hold pits got damaged when I fitted the bolts into the lower hull, so only one pit lights up now it was lucky the lights that failed is for the closed pit.

Quick test

gedmac66
    Participant

G’day Daz ,
    Yeah photobucket seems to have caused quite the s**t storm on a lot of forums and websites ( at least the ones I frequent RPF & MODELSPACE UK )…
    Sorry to hear about your Falcon accident/s , but I’m sure you’ll have her up and running in no time !
    Quickly getting back to the images you’d posted earlier on this thread , I really hope you’ll be able to ‘ salvage ‘ them for future prosperity ( I really don’t know much of anything regarding photo/sharing/saving/filing/transferring )
    Others are talking about switching to ‘ imgur? / tinypic? ‘ etc….

I just take pics with my mobile , transfer them to my laptop , and when I’ve got something ‘ interesting ‘ to share , i ( try to ! ) upload them onto the thread using those/their particular instructions .
    Hoping once you’re ready to start posting/sharing again , maybe you’ll use whatever you did like in your post above , and continue to innovate and inspire . 👍🏼✌🏼

Cheers Ged.

oldmanemu
    Participant

I don’t use photobucket. I made a public folder/album in Facebook and link the pictures here as well as posting them on the Facebook forums. If you’re on Facebook it’s an option. Yea what a bastard act by photobucket. I also hear people can’t even download their own photos to take elsewhere. All photos blocked until they pay. Unbelievable.

Daz
    Participant

Hello again!
    After a terrible few days here is my latest update, to be able to remove the side docking hatches I used 4 magnets positioned 2 onto the top and 2 bottom frames the bottom frame magnets were smaller to allow the LED lights to fit. Another 4 magnets were positioned on the back of the docking hatches.

I also fitted 3 magnets onto the top turret and 3 on the round frame so the top turret can be removed.

I noticed that the instructions in issue 98 had parts 13 & 16 the wrong way around and needed to be turned 180 degree’s to match the movie prop.

I finally started to paint the mandibles and sides a few weeks ago, now the hull is turned the right way up, with the whole of the top to paint it will take a number of weeks to do it as I have a lot on at the moment.

I treated myself to a small 3D printer and have been busy making parts for the Falcon as well as for the diorama I intend to make for the display case.
    Can you guess what I’m Making?

Here are some of the parts for the rear landing legs.

Designing the parts is fun, but it takes a while to print even a small part, that said I’ve learned a lot in a very short time. They’re not as good as the shapeways printed parts, but you save a lot as parts costing pence instead of pound, best of all NO P&P! or long waits to get the item and check the design is OK!.

gedmac66
    Participant

Glad to see you posting ( with images ) again Daz 👍🏼 . Your falcons looking sweet . What’re using to paint her up – airbrush , aerosol cans etc ?

Congratulations on your 3D printer , wish I could afford one ( and more importantly knew how to use one 😳 ) ! . Parts look pretty sharp .
    Give us clue to the diorama you’re building !

Keep up the great work . Cheers Ged ✌🏼

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.