Issue 100 remote control

HomeForumsGeneral discussionIssue 100 remote control

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Portaler 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author

De Agostini
    Administrator

Issue 100 contains the remote control, to turn the lights on/off and operate the ramp. Button A operates the ramp and Button B operates the lights on/off.

You will require a battery for the remote – type 23AE 12 volt which is a high capacity battery designed for applications such as remote controls and photographic equipment.

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by  De Agostini.

Subzero
    Participant

Thank you, for anyone else in the UK, just found a good deal for a pack of 5 for £3.25

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACK-OF-5-GP-23A-BATTERIES-12-VOLT-LRV08-A23-GP23AE-/310223039798?hash=item483abbed36:g:WdgAAOSwAvJW8nmC

pretorius
    Participant

cheers for the update and link

consumermonkey
    Participant

I could be wrong, but pretty sure I’ve seen that type of battery down Poundland.

Subzero
    Participant

Iv’e never seen or heard of that battery before, so iv’e ordered mine from ebay just in case I can’t find any in shops.

Cheap enough too anyway!

Trader Sam
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the remote battery will last for quite a long time, but how long is the Falcon battery pack supposed to last?

De Agostini
    Administrator

Battery longevity depends on how much use, which is why we have a Power Adaptor available..
    http://forum.model-space.co.uk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21548

Trader Sam
    Participant

Well, obviously. But, batteries only last for so many hours before they need to be changed . . . whether those hours are continuous or not. I’m looking for a rough estimation of battery life during usage.

Subzero
    Participant

As a complete guess, and if you were only using the battery pack to power the supplied lights, then i’d say around 2 or 3 days if left on constantly.

I could be wrong, at the most if could easily be 1 week.

Either way you’ll be best off getting good quality rechargeable’s so you can have a constant battery power source.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Subzero.

Trader Sam
    Participant

Yup, I’ve got rechargeables.

I know that LEDs don’t use a ton of power, which is why I’m trying to get an idea of how long the batteries will last. It’s more of a curiosity, and it would be nice to know how often I would have to open the Falcon to change batteries based on my usage.

I will more than likely buy the power adapter just in case I tire of batteries.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.