Finally starting with my Falcon!!!

HomeForumsGeneral discussionFinally starting with my Falcon!!!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  kazarn 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

gedmac66
    Participant

She’s looking sweet mate 👍🏼 ,
    I’m wondering , early in your build you said you were happy to just apply weathering to the supplied hull pieces . Did you do that for the bottom hull completely ( obviously with painted panels ‘ red , greys etc ) , and if so , what did you use for the weathering details ?

Thanks for sharing ,

Ged ✌🏼

kazarn
    Participant

Yes, thats all I did with the bottom hull.

First of all I used a brush with a very much diluted black paint to make the lines on the hull more visible, after that basically I just use a medium plain brush, at the beggining I thougth about using the dry brush technic, but some parts of the hull were too rough, so the effect was not as if it were real dirt, so what i did was make a thin line with the brush, and then pass over it a lightly wet cloth in the direction the dirt should go. For the blaster and scratches marks I used a small welder to get a more realistic effect

I made weathering with a dark grey and a mixure of black and orange in some lines to make a rust effect.

To see the details here you have a better picture:

kazarn
    Participant

Important, I forgot to tell that after use the very diluted black I clean that zone with a cloth too

gedmac66
    Participant

Thanks for sharing . That battle damage in #28920 is impressive 😎 . When you say ‘small welder ‘ , do you mean soldering iron ? . How are you planning to light her up – battery or adapter power ?

Cheers Ged

kazarn
    Participant

Yes, soldering iron, sorry for my english, I’m planning on use a power adapter, I’m scared about having the batteries sulfated and damaging something because of that, I’ve take a picture at daylight so yo can see the real colour of my Falcon:

gedmac66
    Participant

Kazarn ,

Your English is so much better then my Spanish ( muchas gracias ) !😉 .
    That photo above is so cool .

Cheers Ged 👍🏼✌🏼

kazarn
    Participant

I liked very much the idea of Daz of using mirrors so the corridors look longuer, so I bought a set of plastic mirros that had enougth mirros of almost the same diameter of the corridors, the link just in case someone is interested:

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B00SINOXX6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_qvbSzbV6RZ1A9

I cut some CDs to glue the mirrors to the corridors

So that’s all the work I’m going to do on the interiors, my Falcon will be hangging on the wall so I would no have the chance to see the interiors too often, and i’m very lazy 😀

A bonus pic of the ramp

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  kazarn.

kazarn
    Participant

Working on the upper hull

And a time lapse of a part of the weathering proccess

gedmac66
    Participant

Hey Kazan ,
    Those Blaster marks near the rectenna base look terrific ( like little craters ! ) . Did you use the soldering iron again or something else ? . Your weathering videos pretty cool too .

Thanks for sharing ,

Ged 👍🏼

kazarn
    Participant

Hi dude!! No, I used a little electric drill with a metal tip to give the holes a cone form, and then used the cutter to make notches arround the cone, after that I just painted them:

;-P

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.