Finally starting with my Falcon!!!

HomeForumsGeneral discussionFinally starting with my Falcon!!!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  kazarn 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
  • Author

kazarn
    Participant

After a long wait i have finally the first parts of my falcon, the collection starts here in Spain on january 2016 but subscribers got our first shipment las week, i received mine on saturday, i’ll wait (or at least try to) till i have all the hull to start mounting it and weathering it, here i let you a couple of pictures of my first order

I think it will fit ok with my TIEs and my X-Wing

Mitch
    Participant

Awesome dude can’t wait to see your work.

S4Simon
    Participant

Nice – Enjoy.

Hopefully us Australians will only be a couple of months behind.

Jedioz66
    Participant

January would be nice

kazarn
    Participant

Thanks Mitch!! I don’t know yet if i’ll paint all the hull or just apply some weathering over it.

And you guys form Australia, hope your wait won’t be much more long

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  kazarn.

Mitch
    Participant

I’m thinking the exact same thing kazarn. I’ve put no panelling on yet and on issue 40 something all my panels are very consistent so I’m thinkin of just applying weathering too. For me it’s the best quickest and most suitable for someone like me that’s far from a pro painter. But there is still a year to go. I’m going to restart my hold too. I’m going back to the beginning. And like you I hope Australia get this soon.

kazarn
    Participant

I know that i could probably get a more accurate base colour painting the hole hull, but i like the base colour that it has itself, and applying only weathering makes easier to correct mistakes by just changing the part for a new one, and watching the Marks buils only weathering can be amazing:

kazarn
    Participant

Well, I know that I said that I’ll wait till having all the hull to start the “painting” process, but I couldn’t help it, I needed to know how I was going to do it, I want to say that I’m not concerned about doing an exact replica of the movie prop, I just want to build a nice looking Millennium Falcon without spending on it too much money and time, and I don’t want it to be too much weathered neither, well with that guidelines I have started with the upper gun turret and i will try to follow that pattern, hope that you like it:

kazarn
    Participant

I’ve made changes on the exterior of the cockpit corridor cause i think that the “crater” is horrible, and i’ve made a little holes on the quadlasers and primed them:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  kazarn.

Tim
    Participant

Looking good kazarn. Welcome aboard. I am glad you finally get to enjoy the build too.
    Tim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.