Australia Thread

HomeForumsGeneral discussionAustralia Thread

This topic contains 907 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  gedmac66 4 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 891 through 900 (of 908 total)
  • Author

Ian Lawrence
    Participant

Self etching primer is usually a good move to get a decent base for painting on almost all metals and some hard plastics/resin, used it meself on more than one occasion but with bloody good ventilation!.
    Halfords is deffo a UK thing. I think Septone is an auto paint brand out in Australia isn’t it? I recall the name from way back.

Anyhow, since the hull plates are ABS then I would think any brand of auto aerosol paint primer would do. Personally, I tend to steer clear of the ‘plastic’ types of auto primer as they are just not as reliable in my experience. I know not about elsewhere on this planet but the ones I’ve used are just not that good and can be finicky if the surface is not almost surgically clean.

The above may not be much help but haven’t visited the land down under for over two decades 🙁

gedmac66
    Participant

Hey @oldmanemu , @Ian Lawrence ,

Thanks for sharing . Will check out your recommendations asap .

Cheers Ged 👍🏼✌🏼

P.s , Ian how’s it going mate ? , hoping alls well . Glad to hear from you .😊

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  gedmac66.

Ian Lawrence
    Participant

G’day Ged,
    All’s well thanks for asking mate, still up to me neck in plastic, metal and trying to run stuff through the manure polisher. So no change there. 😀
    Trust all is well with your good self fella?

gedmac66
    Participant

@Ian Lawrence ,
    Still plodding along Sir . Been pretty busy with other personal ‘ life ‘ stuff , so my build has taken a back seat of late . Not neglected – just relegated 😜!
    Remembered the rattle can brands you also recommended from emails & your OOB build ( your website ) 😳 . Swear , my memories turning to mush since giving up the grog awhile back 😉 .

Anyhoo , keep on keeping on ! ,

👍🏼✌🏼

Hum
    Participant

Has anyone got the next delivery yet? It’s been over 6 weeks already.
    What issue are newsagents up to?

oldmanemu
    Participant

This week will be issue 85.

Hum
    Participant

Wow 15 weeks to go….
    You know what that means?
    Build R2D2 is just around the corner for us!

harddrive
    Participant

I was wondering how many weeks it had been since the last delivery!
    Nothing yet for me either.
    Hopefully it will turn up soon, and hopefully with the next binder that was out of stock a couple of deliveries ago!!

Hum
    Participant

Finally, the website says issues 79-81 despatched today (26th)
    Wonder if its only 3 issues this month?

harddrive
    Participant

Just got home and had issue 78 and 79 waiting for me with a note saying that they were unable to send 4 issues this time because they were short delivered stock but the other issues are on back order and they should arrive by the end of November. I guess I cant complain too much, this is the first delay I’ve had with my subscription.

Viewing 10 posts - 891 through 900 (of 908 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.