Australia Thread

HomeForumsGeneral discussionAustralia Thread

This topic contains 876 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  oldmanemu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 851 through 860 (of 877 total)
  • Author

oldmanemu
    Participant

Thanks, but tbh i’m kinda glad to be nearly seeing the back of them. I finished the last door today and now have all the hinges to make. Uggh. Again tbh, i’d rather just pay you. 🙂 But hey, looks like you’ve been holding out on us with all the electrical advice lol.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  oldmanemu.

TheSarge
    Participant

Haha… I’m sure you are oldman… do you have a design for them…??? If you do… I might have to get it off you…

I haven’t been holding out… I’ve chimed in where I’ve been able too… sometimes others have already said what I would’ve… but I’ll give anyone any help I can… that’s how I’ve learnt how to do certain things… although I think I’ve chimed in more on the Facebook pages than here… lol

oldmanemu
    Participant

There’s no design per se but you can see top views of them in my build diary. You could resize the pic to fit with the measurements and print them out and copy them that way.

TheSarge
    Participant

Hi guys… just a quick update on my progress for my new board… I’ve got all my parts other than the ramp motor driver IC… so I’ve started the process of drawing up the new board… so far so good… I’m hoping to have something that works by the end of the week fingers crossed… providing the last part arrives this week…

gedmac66
    Participant

G’day @TheSarge ,
    I’m an idiot when it comes to electronics so I’ve been asking for advice over on the RPF site . I haven’t started as yet ( still detailing – figuring my hold layout ) , but I’d purchased an extra #57 ( one with circuit board ) , to see if I could plug in the supplied stuff on one , and plug in the others ( hold , corridors , etc….) onto the spare one . Again , not up to this point yet , but hooking them up seems to be viable . Like so many others , we’re just getting back into this brilliant hobby , but ideas/methods/techniques etc… ( personally speaking ) have me both enthusiastic and scared sh**less !
    Good luck with yours , and please share the results .
    Cheers Ged ✌🏼👍🏼

TheSarge
    Participant

G’day guys… I’ve breadboarded a basic version of the new board & have everything working minus the ramp… I’m still waiting for the motor drive IC to arrive… but I’ve got a mate to start CADing up the board for me… (he’s much better at that stuff than me…) & the IC is a known size… so hes got that fitted on there… the main thing for the moment is how many extra light sockets I’m going to add & possibly if I’m going to need to add a driver for the extra LED’s…??? So far this is all being done in the same size footprint as the DeAgo board…
    So that’s where I’m at atm… things are looking good so far…

Hum
    Participant

A question, I read somewhere the current board had a spare slot, and people that bought that light kit from Hollands, could use that extra slot for the led kit. Does anyone remember that?

tschwand
    Participant

Hum, if you wire the board as instructed, there are no extra slots. The only “extra” slot is the landing light toggle switch for when the gear are down.

Azimuth
    Participant

Just got home from work and my replacement nose cone had finally arrived with an invoice for $0.00.

Finally finished the Paragrafix Hold parts.
    Cutting out the plastic for the photo etch parts on the computer , lounge and archway rings and ready to start putting in SMD LED and Fibre.
    Scratch building 2 floor pits and have some 10mm EL Tape to light them up.
    Now that its starting to look like a HOLD im really having some fun with this build.

All the best
    Azimuth

oldmanemu
    Participant

Sounding good Azimuth.
    Today i dremelled off the outer strip that sticks out the side panels. Bit hard to explain, but its to put the side walls on the inside. A couple of people have done this on Facebook and it looks heaps better done. I’ve also dabbled in 123d design making red warning lights. I finished an stl but dont know if it works as i’m still waiting to hear from someone who knows someone with a 3d printer.

Viewing 10 posts - 851 through 860 (of 877 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.