Australia Thread

HomeForumsGeneral discussionAustralia Thread

This topic contains 872 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Azimuth 1 day, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 841 through 850 (of 873 total)
  • Author

TheSarge
    Participant

I tested my circuit board the day it arrived… so far it all works fine… but now I’m waiting for parts so I can make either a piggyback board to run all my extra lights & functions… or make a complete replacement board to run everything off… I worked out the who what when why & how of all the components on the deago board… once all the bits arrive I can start prototyping the new board… & if all goes well… & enough people are interested… I might make some for sale…

gedmac66
    Participant

Hey @TheSarge ,
    Good stuff to hear , and hoping you’re successful with that . I’m a complete dunce when it comes to electronics . So much so , that I ordered a 2nd #57 and have asked for help over on the RPF site ( under extra lighting for the deago MF ) regarding using one board to provide power for all the ‘ supplied ‘ LEDs & ramp motor etc , whilst using the spare to ‘ piggy back – connect ‘ the additional corridor / hold and landing lighting .
    @tengel07 posted a possible method , but being somewhat dyslexic , I’ve asked for clearer drawings from him and he’ll be posting that up soon .
    @bwize , was / is planning the same , but he brought up an interesting point . If two deago circuit boards can be used successfully , then would the one supplied remote #100 be able to operate them both ?
    Keep us updated with your project please and ( I’m sooo deep into this already $$$ ) , if you come up with a solution that only requires the very ‘BASIC ‘ of soldering , then I’d definitely be interested ( if my original plan falls apart ) , in purchasing something that works .

Cheers Ged ✌🏼👍🏼

Azimuth
    Participant

@thesarge “once all the bits arrive I can start prototyping the new board… & if all goes well… & enough people are interested… I might make some for sale…”

Definatley interested in buying as with 2 kids under 7 i dont have much spare time to read up and do my own.
    If you get into doing that please send me an email.

Thankyou.

Azimuth

oldmanemu
    Participant

I saw ages ago someone try that Ged, either here or Facebook can’t remember. Never heard wether he was successfull either shrug. Someone suggested to split the power plug into two outs and not hook up both boards together. That seemed the safest. Also remember to not exceed the 500mA with your extra electronics (including the extra board not just leds) or you’ll need a larger power pack.

Hum
    Participant

I’m interested in a modded board to power my extra lights.

TheSarge
    Participant

Hi guys… if my prototype is successful & I do put it into production… I’ll most likely make it as a full kit along the same lines as chris hollands one… all plug & play… with a professionally made board & the same JST plugs… I’m leaning towards a full replacement board… that way there’s less chance of things going wrong via their board… I’ll keep everyone updated as things progress…👍👍👍

gedmac66
    Participant

G’day @oldmanemu ,
    Didn’t know that , and the info about ‘ 500mA ‘ …that just goes over my thick head ! . A person over on the RPF @tengel07 , posted that it can and does work ( 2 – deago circuit boards connected , and only using one #100 remote ) though . By larger power pack , are you talking about the adapter ? , does it have to be a higher voltage one ?
    Seems getting all excited and inspired by so many terrific builds out there , and attempting to emulate them , only leads to total confusion and frustration ( at least for me personally ) .
    Going to keep my fingers crossed that it’ll all work out eventually , I.e. Don’t end frying everything or offing myself through electrocution ! 😩

gedmac66
    Participant

Looking forward to what you’ll end up with @TheSarge . Best of luck 👍🏼✌🏼

oldmanemu
    Participant

No Ged. The adapter voltage must stay as is, 9v. Don’t change that. It’s the current that might need to go up. The adapter supplies 500mA (milliamps), but depending on what you add you might need more. Probably not for just a few leds but if you do, the next one up would be 1000mA. That would be written on the adapter as 1A (one amp). It would still be a 9v adapter.

TheSarge, I bought a 555 chip and some bits and bobs the other day to try and make an led flasher. If I can’t figure it out you can put it together for me lol.

TheSarge
    Participant

@oldmanemu if you’re not successful let me know & I’ll give it a crack for you… & in return… I’ll take a set of your bay doors… those things are the shit man…!!! I don’t think I could make anything near as good as those…😂😂😂

Let me know how you go with your flasher & we can sort something from there mate…👍👍👍

Viewing 10 posts - 841 through 850 (of 873 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.