Australia Thread

HomeForumsGeneral discussionAustralia Thread

This topic contains 876 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  oldmanemu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 877 total)
  • Author

krakajac
    Participant

“Further digging and i found an area which showed my current shipment of shirt, and mags 2 & 3.”

Any idea how you got to this screen? I’ve been digging about as well – but no indication that my subscription has been set up. If no luck this weekend, I’ll give them a call on Monday.

S4Simon
    Participant

Just tried again – wow they don’t make it easy. I had to login, then find a drop down menu to choose my selected publication. Then had to click on manage subscriptions (bottom left), the click on display dispatch information. There it shows the next shipment info.

Not a well designed website.

jinnai
    Participant

Bissett is terrible. They always have bee , they always will be. I hope you guys don’t end up with damaged parts, otherwise you’re going to have a bad time.

I’m based in Adelaide but I’ve been getting issues from the UK since day one.

S4Simon
    Participant

More info:
    Login
    Then select – build millennium falcon from the drop down menu
    Then select – manage subscriptions
    Then tick the tick box in the table for the Build the Millennium Falcon (it actually says that I’m a ‘Non Subscriber’ – totally weird
    Then click on the word ‘Next” (above the tick) sort of hidden
    Then click on ‘display despatch information’ (RHS of screen)
    and it will show next shipment info. with a despatch date of 31/12/1899

And yes that’s when this website was designed ‘1899’.

S4Simon
    Participant

Nice one Jinnai. As a fellow Adelaidian I expect to be up to that point sometime in late 2017. 😉

Tim
    Participant

Hi fellow Aussies. Like jinnai, I have been getting my issues from the UK. I just got sick of Deago postponing the release date so I purchased a the first 20 really cheaply off ebay. I am up to issue 60, and am having a blast. If you don’t get caught up in the minor inaccuracies, you will have yourself a great model of the Falcon at the end of the 2 years. Being almost 2/3 of the way through, I can tell you that it looks very impressive, and the detailing is amazing. Facebook has a couple of good communities, just search for build the millennium falcon and painting the millennium falcon. There are some aftermarket options for those who want “more accurate” interiors, Shapeways is a 3d printing place where you can buy designers work printed. On Shapeways, search for Deago. Tony RR’s and Tengel have the best stuff. But I much prefer the photoetching of Paragrafix. At the moment, they have very detailed versions of the cockpit, the hold, the corridors (for lighting) and the turrets. All lit up, these look fantastic, and there is no fine detail painting like there is with Shapeways. Have fun, and welcome one again, it’s a great ride.

Tim
    Participant

Hi fellow Aussies. Like jinnai, I have been getting my issues from the UK. I just got sick of Deago postponing the release date so I purchased a the first 20 really cheaply off ebay. I am up to issue 60, and am having a blast. If you don’t get caught up in the minor inaccuracies, you will have yourself a great model of the Falcon at the end of the 2 years. Being almost 2/3 of the way through, I can tell you that it looks very impressive, and the detailing is amazing. Facebook has a couple of good communities, just search for build the millennium falcon and painting the millennium falcon. There are some aftermarket options for those who want “more accurate” interiors, Shapeways is a 3d printing place where you can buy designers work printed. On Shapeways, search for Deago. Tony RR’s and Tengel have the best stuff. But I much prefer the photoetching of Paragrafix. At the moment, they have very detailed versions of the cockpit, the hold, the corridors (for lighting) and the turrets. All lit up, these look fantastic, and there is no fine detail painting like there is with Shapeways. Have fun, and welcome one again, it’s a great ride.

krakajac
    Participant

Contacted Bissett via telephone today. For the information of other Oz builders – when you start hearing the recorded message – press ‘9’ – this should put you through to a customer support person. I was able to confirm that I am a subscriber – and that the first dispatch is due to be sent out on 11 March.

They also advised that I won’t see any details on my on-line profile – until the first dispatch/payment is finalised. Apparently once it’s sent out – I’ll be able to see details of my subscription when I log-in, etc.

Once I got through to a real person – they seemed pretty keen to help out. That’s a good sign. 🙂

S4Simon
    Participant

I’ve only heard good things about the Bisset ‘Real Person’ Customer Support. They seem a nice bunch, once you figure out how to get through.

One small problem that could be coming our way. Oz Subscribers never got the option to choose what size T shirt, and it looks as though they’ll just send out whatever is in the box. Oz customer support has advised that if we do get an incorrect size, just call them and they’ll send out the proper size.

Hum
    Participant

When I subscribed over the phone they asked me about shirt size.
    Good news about the March 11th shipping, let us know once received.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 877 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.