Aus Issue 40 – no revised cockpit

HomeForumsAsk the publisherAus Issue 40 – no revised cockpit

This topic contains 77 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  TheSarge 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 78 total)
  • Author

oldmanemu
    Participant

Any reason why Australia doesn’t receive the revised cockpit in issue 40. I’m guessing it’s a cost cutting thing, but the issue is re-edited to exclude mention of the cockpit. That would have cost money. Also, the revised cockpit windows were included so they don’t fit the cockpit we already have.

Amazed customer in Australia.

Spellbinder99
    Participant

Seconded. I am purchasing multiple copies of the Partwork via my local Newsagents so do not have the recourse of getting them via a subscription. Don’t even DARE saying it is Bissets problem as they are just supplying what you the parent company provide them with.
    Any solution must be at your cost. I am sure we are amenable to providing some form of proof of purchase such as the header card from the Part 40 parts bag to get the parts but as has been pointed out you have supplied the incorrect window parts so will have to provide the correct parts at some point. No point talking to my Newsagent, it is not their issue, the parts provided are complete, undamaged and in presentable shape.

To summarise:
    Your Fault.
    Your issue.
    Your cost to fix.

Get it sorted.

Tony

gedmac66
    Participant

Ditto . As an infamous person once uttered ” please explain ” . 😖

Cedwards000
    Participant

I would say I’m surprised ( but I’m not )

oldmanemu
    Participant

Aaaaand….silence.

TheSarge
    Participant

All I can say is… “This is just plain ridiculous…!!!” I can’t understand why they would a) not supply us Australia’s with the revised cockpit canopy or any of the revised parts… & b) not bother to keep on top of this forum… I’m completely baffled… I’m sure a company of this size would have an I.T. department… & they definitely have someone who is “Supposed” to be the admin for the forums… with the large amount of products they offer all with their own separate forums… you’d think they’d have at least one person whose only job it was to look after & administrate these forums wouldn’t you…???

As a result of their poor form… I for one will not be moving onto the R2D2 build… which for me was touch & go anyway… but I was also wanting to do their Shelby Mustang build & their Samurai Armour build too… & as cool as that car is & my love of Feudal Japan… I’m thinking that this Falcon build will be my ONE & ONLY DeAgostini purchase…

I’m very disappointed by the way things have been handled by them… this is most definitely Not the way to treat your customers…

Sorry DeAgostini… YOU dropped the ball in a Big Big way on this… & will NOT have Alot of people being repeat customers…

De Agostini
    Administrator

Dear Forum Members,

For the Australian market, the original nosecone was removed from issue 6, and was then replaced with the revised nosecone which UK customers received at issue 40 and 46, therefore it is not that you are missing the revised nose cone, but rather that you received it at issue 6 in place of the original UK one (which is why the editorial was removed from issue 40).

Regards,

DeAgostini Admin

oldmanemu
    Participant

That is incorrect. We have the two piece nosecone, not the three. It is apparent my theory is correct in that we got UK leftovers to start with to save yourselves money and quickly dish them off to an English speaking country and switched to the revised/second run French/Japanese parts mid way through somewhere. So i guess i can also assume we should have gotten the revised tp-1 and 2 as well.

So…that raises more questions. We do not have the parts we are supposed to have. When shall we expect to hear how we can obtain the correct parts for our run?

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  oldmanemu.

oldmanemu
    Participant

I’m just completely flabergasted at this dismissal. Deag, or at least this particular administrator has absolutely no clue. No clue at all.

De Agostini
    Administrator

Hi Oldmanemu,

I will forward to operations to investigate. Just to confirm; you have received the 2 part nose cone with issue 6, correct?

Regards,

DeAgostini Admin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.